Schedule your appointment online. Receive confirmation and prepare your patient forms before you come.
Allergies occur for countless reasons and come in a variety of forms. We can have allergies to just about anything and just about anywhere. An allergic reaction is our immune system’s response to a foreign agent.
• An allergic reaction on your skin can cause swelling, blotchy skin, itching and burning.
• Insects like spiders and ants can also be the cause of these physical reactions.
• Airborne allergens like ragweed can also cause a reaction.
• Virtually any material or chemical we come in contact with can cause an allergic reaction, even something as simple as the family pet.
Houston has a long warm season, and as a result, many of its residents are under siege season after season. First tree pollen wreaks havoc, then grass does its damage, and ragweed immediately picks up where the others have left off. For nine months out of the year, it’s open season on your allergies.
• Antihistamines • Decongestants • Anti-Cholinergic Nasal Allergy Sprays • Steroid Nasal Sprays • Allergy Eye Drops • Leukotriene Inhibitors • Mast Cell Inhibitors • Allergy Shots • Dehumidifiers • Auto-Injector
It is now possible to get fresh produce from all over the world and the people who make that food use an ever-increasing selection of exotic ingredients. While this can be great for your hair, skin or even your pallet, these ingredients can have an unexpected side effect on your immune system. Our bodies, not having grown up in the places these foods are native, never developed the proper antibodies to tolerate or digest them. Lactose Intolerance is the most common type of food allergy and there are many more food allergies out there that can cause swelling, insomnia, weight gain, and more.